Saturday, November 2, 2013

Christian behavior therapy based teaching from Joyce Meyer TV


God can make good use of a disability and a bad situation.  It is beneficial for Aspies to be schooled with positive Christian teachings.  Helping a child to understand what to do, in concrete ways, demonstrating actions that are giving and positive and helpful to others, can counterbalance this tendency toward negative thinking.
Teaching that helps me to clear mind-blindness and correct some of my behavior:


  • The love of God for us is not based on our performance.
  • We cannot change other people, only God can change people.
  • Don’t let anybody make you think that you’re worthless because they have mistreated you.  Don’t judge your worth and value by how someone else treat you.  Judge your worth and value by what God has to say about you in His word.
  • What an honour to be able to say: No matter what kind of problems I have in my life.  I get to trust God.  God loves me and I don’t have to live in fear.  God is on my side and I get to give God my problems.  Cast all my cares.  Go on to enjoy my life while God works on my situation.
  • On handling the pain of bullying:
  • I may not have been a perfect classmate but there is NO reason for them to treat me like that.  I am not going to let it destroy the rest of my life.  I am letting go of what life’s behind and pressing on good things ahead.
  • There is a wound in your soul that only God can heal.  Go to God everyday.  God, here I’m.  I can’t do this on my own.  But you promised you’ll give me beautiful ashes.  Trust God to heal my damaged emotions and give me the oil of joy for the mourning.
  • World told us everything that we are not sufficient.  But Jesus promised us a rich and fulfilling life.  Why we still feel inadequate?  We used up all our effort, power to gain more, how come still not sufficient?  Do we still hold on tight on certain things?
  • It just doesn’t matter where you’re at right now.  If you’ll let God in, He will bring total complete restoration in your life.  It does not matter what have been done to you in the past if you just decide to have a good attitude and start to be a blessing to somebody else and let God in.  God will fix it all.
  • Don’t give up.  I am not going out of the game like a loser.  I am going to win.
  • God will teach you wherever you’re at.  Some important lessons God needs to teach you Himself. 
  • God is committed to work with you in the process if you don’t just give up.
  • It’s not the devil’s job to tell you what’s wrong with you.  The devil condemns and accuses you.  God convicts you and lift you up.  As soon as the devil tells you what you’re not.  God changes you.  He tells you that you can make it.
  • When on low self-esteem: What do you think you are to despise on God’s creation!
  • We say too much.  We tried to convince everyone what is wrong with them, while we need to let God do the convincing.  Maybe we say too much a lot of the time.
  • Angry at someone is like us drinking poison while thinking that person will die because of the poison you drink.


Overcoming Insecurity

When righteousness is missing - an understanding of who you’re in Christ is missing, symptoms:
·       Lack of Joy
·       Lack of confidence (means you’ve a short circuit somewhere inside)
·       Lack of boldness in prayer
·       Full of fear


In God’s economy you get not what you deserve, you get what Jesus deserve.
So we may receive mercy for our failures.
David can defeat the Giant because he is not looking at himself, he is looking at God and have confidence and boldness in God.
If we don’t know who we’re in Christ, we tend to compare ourselves with others.  E.g. pray 4 hours a day same as super Christian.
The moment you start to feel frustrated, you feel condemned that you’re not able to do it.  It should be enjoyable and not something that someone make us to do.  Whatever we do for God, we should not be a struggle.
Stop comparing yourself with other people.  We’re all different and it’s ok.
So you’re a little bit strange, it’s ok.  So I’m a little bit strange, that is ok.  I’m ok and I’m on my way.  We got to let God change us.
If we don’t know who we’re in Christ.  We’re so full of fear that we’re afraid to step out and try new things.  They are easily hurt and offended.  They talk negatively about themselves.  They are very touchy.  They need an excessive amount of encouragement.
From Joyce Meyer, “God knows your heart.  He knows your heart.  If you want to do what’s right and you’ve kept pressing on and done everything you can to grow, then God sees your heart.  He is going to help you from where you are to where you want to be or need to be. “

0 comments:

Post a Comment